Life & Disability
Policy #: 392426
Customer Service/Claims: 800-459-9401
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Cactus provides $20,000 of Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment to you at no cost. Partial benefit is payable for dismemberment such as loss of finger or sight. Be sure your beneficiary information is updated with Human Resources.
Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
Voluntary Life Insurance
Protect yourself and your loved ones by buying additional life insurance at a reduced group rates.
- Employees: $25,000 to $125,000 (increments of $25,000). You may also purchase life insurance for your
- Spouse/Domestic Partner: 50% of the employee benefit amount (maximum $50,000)
- Dependent/Child(ren): 10% of employee’s amount (maximum $10,000)
You have two plan options for this benefit.
- Option 1: Employee Coverage – Provides security to your loved ones in the event you are injured or die as the result of an accident.
- Option 2: Family Coverage – Provides coverage for yourself and your family. Dependent coverage will be a percentage of the employee’s elected amount.
Benefit Payments for family coverage vary based on the family structure at the time of claim.
- Employee & Spouse – Spouse benefit is 60% of employee amount
- Employee & Child(ren) – Child (ren) benefit is 20% of employee amount
- Employee, Spouse & Child(ren) – Spouse benefit is 40% and Child(ren) is 10% of employee amount Spouse coverage terminates at age 70.
Note: If you do not purchase voluntary life insurance when you first become eligible, (when you are first hired) you are considered a late entrant and will have to qualify medically if you decide to apply later. You may or may not be accepted.
Short Term Disability Insurance
Why Is Disability Insurance So Important?
The risk of disability is greater than most employees realize. When you become disabled and lose time at work, your source of income is eliminated. In addition to lost income, you are most likely experiencing an increase in medical expenses to deal with your disabling injury or illness. Short-term and long-term disability benefits are provided by Guardian.